last updated on March 15, 2023
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services, as well as information we obtain through third party sources.
Directly from you, we can collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Personal information, such as a person’s first and last name, email address, username, password, phone number, and mailing address and any other information you directly provide to us on or through the services;
- Transaction information, such as trading, order activity, deposits, withdrawals, and account balances and other commercial activity;
- Communications, including the content you provide and details you give in correspondence, such as account registration, support requests and customer service;
- Sensory information, such as images that you upload to your User Account.
Through your use of our services, we can automatically collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Internet identifiers, such as IP address, ISP, domain name, blockchain address, wallet type, and date/time stamps;
- Usage data, such as system operation, internal and external information related to sites that you visit;
- Device information, such as hardware, device ID, operating system, and browser;
- Data on geolocation;
- Cookies can be used to collect Personal Data automatically.
Third-party sources can be used to obtain and/or validate the following types of Personal Data about you:
- Personal information, such as a person’s name, email address, phone number, and mailing address;
- Transaction information, such as public blockchain data;
- Analytics information, provided by third party analytics services that we engage to help analyze how users use our services;
- Additional information, at our discretion, to comply with legal obligations.
We collect Personal Data about you in order to give you the best possible experience, protect you from the risks of inappropriate use and fraud, and to help us sustain and develop our Services. We can use your Personal Data in the following ways, in order to:
- Provide and administer our services to you. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, we use your Personal Data to provide you with our Services and comply with all relevant laws and regulations. Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and analyze our services.
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Facilitate the creation of your Account on SolSea and its security (including possible multi-step verification).
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our services.
- Notify you about important changes to our services, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
- Inform you about other news about our services or any features and content thereon, including newsletters, surveys, offers, promotions, contest, and events via optional newsletters and emails, as described in the section below.
- Detect, prevent or investigate security breaches, fraud and any other unauthorized, harmful or illegal activity, and address conduct violating our Terms and Conditions and/or the applicable law. We use your Personal Data to identify and prevent account fraud, as well as other prohibited activities.
- Ensure the protection and security of our facilities. To keep your account and SolSea safe, we use your Personal Data, which includes information about your computer and your behavior on SolSea.
- Assist you with customer service, care and support, and respond to your requests and inquiries. When you contact our support team with questions or concerns about your account, we process your Personal Data.
- Comply with applicable laws and requests by competent authorities, and/or pursue or defend against legal threats and/or claims.
- Promote our goods. We may contact you to provide you with information about our products and services. Only with your permission, which you may revoke at any time, will we do so.
- Other commercial uses. If the intent is revealed to you before we collect the information or if you agree, we can use your Personal Data for additional purposes.
SolSea would like to periodically send you promotional information (e.g. newsletters, emails) about products and services that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing communications, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to request SolSea to stop contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to receive communications for marketing purposes, you have the opportunity to opt out by unsubscribing to email notifications on your profile or by contacting us directly at [email protected].
SolSea would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. The users are entitled to the following:
- The right to opt-out – You have the right to unsubscribe from all SolSea marketing communications.
- The right to access – You have the right to request SolSea for access to information on your personal data collected by SolSea and manner of its use.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that SolSea correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SolSea to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that SolSea erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to exportation – You have the right to request that SolSea deliver a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that SolSea restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to SolSea’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that SolSea transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Notwithstanding the above, we cannot edit or delete any information that is stored on a blockchain, as we do not have custody or control over any blockchains.
You can unsubscribe from commercial or marketing communications from us by following the instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our Website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit aboutcookies.org.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how users interact with the Platform and serve you information about products or services we think you may like. You can find out more about Google Analytics and how to opt-out here.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We care about the security of your data and take precautions intended to help protect the personal information that we collect and process. However, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure and impenetrable. Any transmission of your Personal Data is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the Service without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the email address that you provided to us.
If you create an Account, you are responsible for maintaining the security of and the information therein.
- Comply with applicable law, rules, or regulations;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or lawful court order;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies about conduct we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate the law;
- Protect our rights or our property;
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions; or,
- Prevent behavior that is (or that we have reason to believe may be) illegal or unethical.
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.